Topic with no new replies

Can a foreign student apply for UK student accounts?

Author Message
Written on: 13.11.2009 [22:28]
Topic creator
Posts: 2
I am going to come to England for a 9 month exchange. Can foreign students open UK student accounts even if they will only be there for a short time? What documents will I need to open an account? Will I be given an overdraft or is this specifically for British students? Can I have a credit card or will it be a cash card? If any previous exchange students have any help or tips it would be much appreciated. Thanks
Written on: 16.11.2009 [18:04]
Posts: 3
When I did my placement in London I opened a bank account with Barclays called the iBank Student and it was great. I only stayed for 6 months though so it was free for me but I think that after 6 months you start to pay a monthly fee for this account. All I needed to open the account was something confirming my study period, proof of address and this template to be filled in by my “host organization”
Also very interesting:
  • In need of advice re: paying back student loan
  • How to check my student hmrc loan balance?
  • Should I opt for student loan debt consolidation?
  • How to get a NatWest student loan?
  • Are student current accounts worth opening even if I don’t need an overdraft?
  • Where to search for student bank account offers?
  • What are the best student accounts?
  • What's the student finance (PN1) form?
  • When to open a student account?
  • How can I clear my student account overdraft?

  • Most popular themes: